< Back to News
Partech newsletter: More women among Partech-funded entrepreneurs!
March 9, 2021
< Back to News
Two years ago, we began a study on our founders, to create a rounded snapshot of the people behind our portfolio companies. We chose March 8, or International Women's Day, to publish highlights of this study and take stock of the progress of women founders in our portfolio.
More deals closed in Africa
Last month, we presented the 2020 Partech Africa report! In the middle of the pandemic, the African tech ecosystem is still growing fast - with more deals closed - and is getting a boost from the accelerated digitalization of foundational economic sectors.
Along with the report, do have a read of these press articles – in TechCrunch, Bloomberg, Le Point Afrique, and Les Echos.
We're proud to have backed Brandwatch, the leading provider of Digital Consumer Intelligence solutions, helping over 2,000 brands and agencies make insightful and data-driven business decisions.
Brandwatch has now joined forces with Cision, the media and social influencer database, to bring PR, social media management, and digital consumer intelligence together. 💥
This Month's Top 7
- Rohlik, the e-grocery pure player, has raised €190M in a Series B led by Partech, to accelerate its European expansion. In a video, Tomas Cupr, Rohlik CEO, explained what customer love means to him. Did you know that Rohlik signifies 'croissant' in Czech? 🥐 Watch the video
- Xendit, the Indonesian payments infra startup raised $64.6M in Accel-led Series B.🤯
- Sorare, the platform helping football fans own their passion online, has raised a $50M Series A led by Benchmark. And it's a double win for the startup as Ubisoft has announced a new game built around Sorare cards and the Pro League. ⚽
- Maze, the leading rapid user testing platform, raised a $15M Series A with Emergence Capital. 💻
- Xfers has joined forces with PAYFAZZ, an agent-based financial services network in Indonesia. 🎉
- ManoMano, the European leader specializing in DIY, has seen another great year with €1.2B of business volume in 2020. 💹
- French Tech Next40/120 - There were some great successes in the French Tech Next40/120 for our portfolio companies. Congratulations go to ABTasty, Akeneo, Alan, EcoVadis, Evaneos, Happytal, ManoMano, October, Ornikar, PerfectStay, Platform.sh, QAPA, Sendinblue, and Sigfox. 👏